Malaysia's Military, Police and Security Agencies
Welcome to the battlefield, soldier!

MyMil adalah bod perbincangan berkenaan ketenteraan, agensi2 penguatkuasaan yang ada di Malaysia dan juga di serata dunia. Daftar sekarang untuk menikmati paparan perbincangan berinformasi sambil bersantai. Ahli2 yg baru akan digugurkan daripada senarai sekiranya tidak aktif dalam masa yg terdekat. Berforumlah dengan berhemah.

Terima kasih.

Admin dan moderator MyMil

Important Notice: The views and opinions expressed on the forum or the related pages are of the owner alone, and are not endorsed by Mymil, nor is Mymil responsible for them. Due to the nature of the Internet forum is in real time, Mymil does not, and can not censor any submission, but asks that each user use discretion and respect for other users, and does not contribute any word that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Mymil reserve the right to withhold and/or remove any link that might possibly hold an individual, entity or group ridicule, potential embarrassment or potential defamation. Mymil also reserves the right to accept, edit and/or remove any link that is deemed inappropriate in any way.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the battlefield, soldier!

MyMil adalah bod perbincangan berkenaan ketenteraan, agensi2 penguatkuasaan yang ada di Malaysia dan juga di serata dunia. Daftar sekarang untuk menikmati paparan perbincangan berinformasi sambil bersantai. Ahli2 yg baru akan digugurkan daripada senarai sekiranya tidak aktif dalam masa yg terdekat. Berforumlah dengan berhemah.

Terima kasih.

Admin dan moderator MyMil

Important Notice: The views and opinions expressed on the forum or the related pages are of the owner alone, and are not endorsed by Mymil, nor is Mymil responsible for them. Due to the nature of the Internet forum is in real time, Mymil does not, and can not censor any submission, but asks that each user use discretion and respect for other users, and does not contribute any word that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Mymil reserve the right to withhold and/or remove any link that might possibly hold an individual, entity or group ridicule, potential embarrassment or potential defamation. Mymil also reserves the right to accept, edit and/or remove any link that is deemed inappropriate in any way.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Sembang Medan Selera Pak Jebat V44
by HangPC2 Sat 27 Aug 2022, 5:36 pm

» Halo semua
by matamata Mon 25 Oct 2021, 9:56 pm

» Cerita Rakyat
by mumuchi Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:35 am

» Konfrontasi Malaysia-Indonesia 1962-66
by mumuchi Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:28 am

» PAINTBALL - Come get some...
by pisang Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:53 pm

» Baru balik
by pisang Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:47 pm

» Jaket camo
by atreyudevil Fri 15 Jul 2016, 4:17 pm

» Nusantara Total War: Portuguese Invasion
by Adib Mon 22 Feb 2016, 7:57 pm

» Rekrut baru disini
by kapokbesi Thu 11 Feb 2016, 4:32 pm

» Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad
by zacky.uesoff Thu 04 Feb 2016, 11:00 pm

» ALL ABOUT HAM RADIO (AMATEUR RADIO STATION)
by kapokbesi Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm

» BACKPACKING
by venez Tue 31 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm

» Rekrut 2015
by atreyudevil Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:34 pm

» Sejarah Pangkalan-Pangkalan Udara TUDM
by venez Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:02 am

» MyMil useful website lists
by atreyudevil Sat 24 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm

» WIP - Work In Progress
by yaminz Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:06 pm

» Model Collections
by yaminz Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:58 am

» Rekrut October & November 2014
by atreyudevil Sat 20 Dec 2014, 7:07 am

» Bola Cafe: MALAYSIA!
by HangPC2 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

» Tayar Pirelli boleh tahan!
by venez Wed 10 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm

Statistics
We have 511 registered users
The newest registered user is Belarus

Our users have posted a total of 172030 messages in 1322 subjects
MyMil at Facebook
Like/Tweet/+1

Dzirhan Mahadzir - Defence Journalist FB

+19
pcboss
heavyduty
dewafrost
samuraisan
observateur
marc_zman
exocet
Dzirhan
alphawolf
Foxtrot
tj
ashes
powerw00t
blankrasta
atreyudevil
mumuchi
matamata
venez
standupper
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dzirhan Mahadzir - Defence Journalist FB - Page 3 Empty Re: Dzirhan Mahadzir - Defence Journalist FB

Post by standupper Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:39 pm

atreyudevil wrote:
mumuchi wrote:dapat dari FB Dzirhan..sedap ja mulut amoi ni paggey kita cowards...tak ada sapa2 nak caj dia bawah akta hasutan ke?

tak tau jaga mulut punya amoi

orang msia ni bukan cowards tp terlalu manja dan tak reti bersyukur!

time2 macam ni la patut elok ada ancaman komunis macam dlu!
baru depa tau

Bagi wa pemikiran perempuan bernama Clarissa Ai Ling Lee yang dah tentu bukan islam memang kurang ajar. Jangan jadikan Umat Islam alat untuk korang pergunakan mencapai tujuan, matlamat dan kepentingan diri.

Ironically, Malaysia sent tonnes of its ‘religion-studies’ students to Egypt to Al-Azhar but none of them have ever imbibed or learned anything from that cradle of civilization with thousands of years of history because they spent much of their years there immersed in their own little ghetto, trying to simulate the life of the different little villages they came from in Malaysia.

standupper
Kehormat MyMil

Back to top Go down

Dzirhan Mahadzir - Defence Journalist FB - Page 3 Empty Re: Dzirhan Mahadzir - Defence Journalist FB

Post by samuraisan Wed 02 Feb 2011, 12:02 am

Very Happy Yang jenis macam tu memang ramai.. ni omputih sendiri cakap jenis
Copperhead... kalau masuk mana2 forum politik di alam maya ni memang sakit hati
asyik kutuk pasukan keselamatan je.. dia orang ingat politik kepartian dia orang boleh bawa
sejahtera tersangat sangat.. Kita yang disini perlu agresif di Aam Maya..

Encik2 dan Puan2 semua yang disini Aku Salute
samuraisan
samuraisan
Major
Major

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_zman Mon 07 Feb 2011, 10:34 am

tak bleh salute kat Kawan
coz belum ditauliah oleh DYMM SPB YDP Agong

ekekekekeee
marc_zman
marc_zman

R.I.P
Location : di atas tanah bekas hutan, paya dan ladang kelapa sawit.. tak tau laaa ntah sapa2 pernah kena tanam kat sini dulu.. kalu ada laa

Back to top Go down

Post by atreyudevil Wed 09 Feb 2011, 4:39 pm

taken from Lowyat,

Dzirhan vs Tony Pua

Sorry he posted in response to me first saying no info on ships at
all when I asked why he compared a fast attack craft to the SGPV, in
which I then said that didn't I post a link to my article about the SGPV
earlier, I was not explaining on behalf of Mindef just saying that the
facts are out there and exist, sorry have to say Politicians
irrespective of party find it convenient to quote/us media reports in
line with their agenda but ignore those that don't suit them. and
you'rer wrong about MOD ignoring him, Chief of Navy said at the PC that
Pua can call and make appointment with him to discuss the SGPV. Sorry
Faidzal, think you need to understand there's no black and white,
Pakatan Rakyat are just as willing to play politics and use questionable
tactics just like BN. Right here's my tweets sequence on 7th Feb with
Pua twitter doesn't timeline properly but this as best from my feeds,
starts with earliest:

ME: Think @tonypua need to fire his researcher, says US LCS cost USD300 million each, try double that figure see this link http://bit.ly/gdpq5T

ME: Statement by @tonypua says Isreali SAAR 5 corvette USD260mil but forgot SAAR built in 1990's and 700t lighter than SGPV

Tony
Pua: Read: "budgeted" RT @DzirhanDefence: Think @tonypua need to fire
his researcher, says US LCS cost USD300 million each, try double that
fig

ME: Yr statemnt said US built LCS at budget of USD300M, it
did not, don't tell me Lam Choon Wah did yr research RT @tonypua: Read:
"budgeted"

ME: Umn, YB @tonypua, Greek Super Vita class is close over 1/4 tonnage of SGPV, that's like comparing Mini Cooper to 4WD

Tony Pua: Boss, we dun evn knw if wat we r buying. MoD nid 2 answr RT @DzirhanDefence: Umn, YB @tonypua, Greek Super Vita ... http://tmi.me/6t3wA

ME:
Sigh, take it you did not read my article I linked to RT @tonypua:
Boss, we dun evn knw if wat we r buying. MoD nid 2 answr @DzirhanDefence

ME: NZ and Irish patrol vessels all cheaper since they not mounting SSM,SAM and ASM compared to SGPV @tonypua

Tony
Pua: Boss, w/all due respt, u r x MoD. Unless MoD appts u 2 speak on
their bhlf RT @DzirhanDefence: Sigh, take it you did not read my article

Tony
Pua: Fine, then let MoD confrm d SSM, SAM, ASM etc tht they r buying RT
@DzirhanDefence: NZ and Irish patrol vessels all ... http://tmi.me/6t6pg

ME:
Well you did say you don't know details on SGPV RT @tonypua: Boss,
w/all due respt, u r x MoD. Unless MoD appts u 2 speak on their bhlf

ME: Funny enough you guys try to speak on behalf of Sultans most times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] RT @tonypua: u r x MoD. Unless MoD appts u 2 speak on their bhlf

atreyudevil
atreyudevil
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000002088986

Back to top Go down

Post by dewafrost Wed 09 Feb 2011, 4:51 pm

blast his assss......... off their heads.....
dewafrost
dewafrost
Kehormat MyMil

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by atreyudevil Wed 09 Feb 2011, 4:53 pm

dewafrost wrote:blast his assss......... off their heads.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
atreyudevil
atreyudevil
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by venez Fri 11 Feb 2011, 8:59 pm

syabas dzirhan, ur name been mention dlm TV3 as referrer tuh...
venez
venez
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

http://venez2.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by venez Tue 31 May 2011, 3:49 pm

My Reply Farish Noor's NST piece
by Dzirhan Mahadzir - Defence Journalist on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 12:19pm

After having read Farish Noor's piece entitled " How Asean can avoid arms race " (NST, May 26), my first reaction, as someone working professionally in the defence and security field, was to laugh over entire piece, which is obviously written by someone with little or next to nothing knowledge in the field but then I realized this is the key mistake that those of us who are in the defence and security field, be it government, military, media, industry or academia tend to ignore such articles written for the public and instead focus upon discussions in our professional circles, and forget that the majority of the general public, save for the military enthusiast community, are likely to believe at face value such articles by people who frankly in my opinion do not know what they are talking about. Unfortunately there has been a tendency in recent years for various people, be they academia, journalists, activists or politicians to be spreading their snake oil theories or thoughts on defence either in the mainstream/online media or publishing books on such when a cursory check of the background of such people quickly shows that they have very little knowledge, qualification, background or involvement in the defence and security field which is reflected in the material they write. Unfortunately very few of these people get called out on it by those who actually know the issues and facts which is why I've decided to reverse the trend by pointing out the problem with Farish's op-ed.

Now, first off is Farish's assertion that there are concerns that the upgraded ASEAN weapon systems capabilities could fall into the wrong hands, which clearly shows his ignorance of the issues at hand. most of the weapons technologies are platform based or platforms themselves, meaning they are mounted on and fired off an aircraft or ship or they are ships and aircraft themselves, not exactly the sort of things that terrorists can simply seize control of and use, given the fact also that to use such systems requires specialized training. So far I haven’t heard anyone in the defence and security field express any concern about the possibility of any of the recent advanced weapons purchased by ASEAN nations falling into the wrong hands. Presumably Farish must be thinking along the line that a long-range antiship missile is something that a terrorist can easily steal, carry around and make use of, not understanding that such missiles weigh several hundred kilograms and can’t be used unless fired from their launch platforms in the form of a ship-mounted launcher or launched from an aircraft. Which is enough to sum up that Farish doesn’t know what he’s talking about in this case. And one wonders why he brings up the issue of nuclear weapons not being much use for countries where illiteracy is a problem, nobody in ASEAN has indicated any desire to possess such so bring that up again smacks of someone who doesn’t know what he is talking about. And a counter-argument exists as to ASEAN nations needing to spent more on development rather than defence, it should be noted that most ASEAN nations spend annually only an average of around 2 percent or less of GDP on defence, the exception being Singapore which spends somewhere between 4-6 percent annually and the bulk of this spending lies more in operational costs and salaries for personnel than spending on military equipment and I’ll point out that a nation’s social and material development in the end means nothing if it doesn’t have an armed forces capable of defending the nation, it’s resources and interests.

It’s interesting to note that Farish’s thoughts on Indonesia’s Yakhont missiles seem to be largely based on an article written by his colleague Koh Swee Lean of Singapore’s Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), where Farish is a visiting fellow, the article titled Indonesia’s Anti-ship Missiles: New Development in Naval Capabilities, can be read here at http://www.rsis.edu.sg/publications/Perspective/RSIS0852011.pdf and Farish seems to swallow whole-heartedly Koh’s assertion that a regional arms race is going on, which isn’t the case. Indonesia actually purchased the Yakhont in 2007 and there was hardly any reaction to it and in the case of it’s recent firing, the same has occurred. Nobody is scrambling to purchase arms to counter or match Indonesia’s Yakhont, two weeks ago I was at IMDEX Asia in Singapore, the largest maritime defence exhibition in the region and if there was an arms race going on, one would expect the show to be a hive of activity and news about naval arms purchases, requirements and deliveries which was not the case at this show. The problem with academia is that there is a tendency for some to make assertions without venturing into the field to verify such assertions which is the case here. An it should also be taken into consideration that many of the capabilities possess are too small in numbers to significantly change the strategic picture, Indonesia’s Yakhont, for example, is currently only mounted in one ship. Malaysia’s submarine launched missiles are only on the countries entire fleet of 2 submarines. While these capabilities do add a certain tactical advantage, the capabilities do not significantly change the strategic balance owing to the small numbers involved.

And of course Farish then gets into asking a silly rhetorical question as to whether ASEAN navies plan to launch missiles to stop DVD smuggling, perhaps Farish, being based at RSIS Singapore, which hosts a number of events with Singapore’s defence establishment can personally ask such a question to the Chief of the Singapore Navy or Singapore’s Minister of Defence rather than posing the question in a column. The answer to this is actually the dilemma for many navies in the region is striking a balance in having capabilities for peacetime maritime enforcement and capabilities for wartime roles. The problem lies in the fact that items such as transport ships, coastal patrol boats and observation aircraft is that such items have little use or are vulnerable in a wartime role compared to warships, naturally it’s easy to claim this is not an issue since no conflict exists, but the problem for defence planners is that no one can predict when and where would the nation be involved in a conflict in the future and the fact that it takes years to build a military capability for use in wartime, ships and weapons systems cannot be built overnight and in a short space of time, similarly such equipment or capabilities required training and integration within the naval force, something also not accomplished in a short timeframe so naturally the tendency is to err on caution and prioritize developing wartime capabilities as soon as possible, while weapons systems such as anti-ship missiles have no practical use in peacetime enforcement roles but the surface ships that carry such systems can be easily used for such roles and if Farish had actually bothered to do his research, some of the same things he states Indonesia should acquire, such as transport ships, have already been acquired, such as the Makassar class LPDs and efforts are constantly being made to improve the training and professionalism of military personnel in most ASEAN countries, that fact being something easily known by those who interact with ASEAN militaries which presumably Farish doesn’t since he seems to be ignorant of such developments.

One would also like Farish to perhaps name the fans of Rambo and war flicks that he sneers and says won’t be happy at non-purchases of weapons systems, unfortunately this is the tendency to liberal writers such as Farish to simply denigrate people with contrary viewpoints or those advocating improved military capabilities but it’s somewhat ironic considering Farish is a visiting fellow in an Singaporean institution which has strong ties with the Singaporean military and defence establishment, Singapore as we all know, improves it’s military capabilities on a regular basis so perhaps, I might wryly point out, that Farish might want take up the issue with “the fans of Rambo and other gory war flicks” there?.
venez
venez
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

http://venez2.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heavyduty Tue 31 May 2011, 3:52 pm

farish noor main banyak sangat red alert.

/lari
heavyduty
heavyduty
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_zman Tue 31 May 2011, 4:02 pm

heavyduty wrote:farish noor main banyak sangat red alert.

/lari

HD
here @ mymil, we spell it as larik.. with a k
ekekekeee
marc_zman
marc_zman

R.I.P
Location : di atas tanah bekas hutan, paya dan ladang kelapa sawit.. tak tau laaa ntah sapa2 pernah kena tanam kat sini dulu.. kalu ada laa

Back to top Go down

Post by pcboss Tue 31 May 2011, 4:07 pm

aku paling terkejut dgn reaksi dzirhan berbanding artikel farish cyclops
pcboss
pcboss
Major
Major

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by mumuchi Tue 31 May 2011, 4:09 pm

aku personally maleh nak give time of day for such writer ekekekek!
mumuchi
mumuchi
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_zman Tue 31 May 2011, 4:11 pm

mana tak pc.. yg tulis tu org ader connection ngan Singapore’s Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS).. tapi artikel dia.. isk isk isk

dok cakap negara sana sini, tapi negara yg sinun tu tarak sentuh pun
marc_zman
marc_zman

R.I.P

Back to top Go down

Post by firdausj Tue 31 May 2011, 4:43 pm

pcboss wrote:aku paling terkejut dgn reaksi dzirhan berbanding artikel farish cyclops

Hahahaha .... Malaysia Boleh ..

firdausj
Corporal
Corporal

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by blankrasta Tue 31 May 2011, 5:07 pm

silent

Last edited by blankrasta on Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

blankrasta
Major
Major

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by atreyudevil Tue 31 May 2011, 5:10 pm

Vacation?
nah on my eye is the 1st strike!
do tell kalo ada nampak lagi
atreyudevil
atreyudevil
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by periuk_api1209 Tue 31 May 2011, 5:19 pm

atreyudevil wrote:Vacation?
nah on my eye is the 1st strike!
do tell kalo ada nampak lagi
+1..baik punya..

periuk_api1209
Staff Sargent
Staff Sargent

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_zman Tue 31 May 2011, 5:22 pm

kalu wa tarak 1st strike ni semua
orang berbudi kita berbahasa
takde budi bahasa cancel terus abis cerita

mau kasi pandangan tarak hal.. walau pahit kitorang terima
tapi bukan macam tu caranya
marc_zman
marc_zman

R.I.P

Back to top Go down

Post by atreyudevil Tue 31 May 2011, 5:36 pm

takpe, kalo dia faham makna ayat tu.. sendirik mau igt je lah
atreyudevil
atreyudevil
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by standupper Tue 31 May 2011, 10:18 pm

Yang sekor nie memang ada masalah mental.. kalau kat tempat dia dah dipanggil orang kelainan jiwa!
standupper
standupper
Kehormat MyMil

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by mumuchi Tue 31 May 2011, 10:30 pm

tak apa..kali ni aku aku kasi dak abu monitor...

aku punya count dah 3 and half dah ni ekekekekekekekeke!
mumuchi
mumuchi
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by powerw00t Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:16 am

abu cheers abu cheers

kita sebetulnya dah lebih bertoleransi pada mamat tu, kalau dia masih lagi nak bersikap yg serupa bolehlah kasik rehat sikit jiwa beberapa bulan.

ok back to topik, dzirhan nanti marah thread dia dah jadi dodol
powerw00t
powerw00t
Major General
Major General

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by atreyudevil Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:26 am

mumuchi wrote:tak apa..kali ni aku aku kasi dak abu monitor...

aku punya count dah 3 and half dah ni ekekekekekekekeke!

huh ye ke? takpe wa monitor satu kali strike kne la dia
atreyudevil
atreyudevil
ADMIN
ADMIN

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_zman Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:50 am

ada nampak tak.. kecuali singapura, kalau negara-negara lain di ASEAN, terutama malaysia dan semenjak dua ni indonesia, ada membeli sistem persenjataan baru mesti 'penganalisis' akan guna perkataan perlumbaan senjata' serta yg seangkatan dengan nyer..

tapi apa pasal kalu singapura beli apa-apa sistem persenjataan pun, orang yg sama akan kata.. pembelian yg memenuhi konsep 'total defence' negara... apa pasal.? fikir-fikirkan lah yer

ahli mymil makan pengat
sendiri mau ingat
ekekekeee
marc_zman
marc_zman

R.I.P

Back to top Go down

Post by innocentti Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

firdausj wrote:
pcboss wrote:aku paling terkejut dgn reaksi dzirhan berbanding artikel farish cyclops

Hahahaha .... Malaysia Boleh ..
keep your sarcastic comment elsewhere. learn to discuss in a proper manner.
and you have been warned. multiple time.

innocentti
innocentti
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by powerw00t Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:33 am

red tag granted Twisted Evil
powerw00t
powerw00t
Major General
Major General

Mymil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum